Saturday, 3 April 2010

Thoughts for today!

Now heres the thing: I had today a wonderful thought provoking quandry which I felt sure would be debated by us all for some time and you know the rest don't you? Of course, I have forgotten what the hell it was. How do we stop this? Its not dementia or any of the other really serious and distressing conditions that may yet befall us - its just that annoying habit of thoughts that just float through our conscience and disapear not absorbed and often never to return. So sorry for that.

I don't want to open the whole glorious subject of grandchildren per se today but do any of you feel like this? An acquaintence who has the joy of 2 new grandsons remarks that the babies have taken over the households. The bathroom is an assault course of toys and learning (?) devices, the living rooms full of baby gyms, ball pools, toy boxes, developmental equipment etc. As for the kitchens don't get me started on organic this, eco friendly that. Is it the case that children are no longer part of the family, an integral member but the centre of that family the raison d'etre of the unit ? Can this be a good thing? We weren't like this and the generation before us certainly not. Shall we talk about this or just pour another lovely drop of Merlot. No question mark - it wasn't a question. Night Night xx

No comments:

Post a Comment