Oh what a start to the week. As I no longer have children at home or indeed go to work ( indeed I am that old or have a man keeping me - you decide) I spent the first half an hour of today reading yesterdays papers in bed. I only got to the first magazine article before I felt obliged to blog. The aforementioned article was about Mumsnet. It would appear that some participants have been made to feel inadequate and indeed even cyber bullied by other contributors. How can this be? I don't know but I imagined that this brilliant idea for a website was to support, encourage and listen to new mums feeling their way. I'm sure that this is what the fast majority do but how sad that new mums even if only one or two should be feeling less that perfect.
I haven't read Elizabeth Hartley-Brewer 'Self-esteem for Girls: 100 tips for raising happy and confident children' but I will be. Anyone who can say " At the end of the day, other people's approach to parenting shouldn't matter. Just as there's no one way to be a child, there's no one way to be a mother. Your own special relationship, your own personality, your genuineness are all you have to offer. When you start comparing, playing games and worrying what everyone else is thinking, your child is the one who loses out." is alright by me! Here endeth the first lesson before breakfast but I have more thoughts and will be back later to-day x
Monday, 19 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment